Maltese Dog Training
The key to proper Maltese dog training is positive reinforcement using treats and unlimited praise.
Key for Maltese Dog Training
Be patient and avoid harsh punishment, and you and your maltese dog will both benefit. Follow these few steps to effectively do maltese dog training.
Instructions How To Do Maltese Dog Training
1. Enroll your maltese dog in a basic obedience class to learn the Heel, Sit and Stay commands.
2. When your maltese dog is learning a command, say Good the instant she exhibits proper behavior, and then follow up quickly with a reward of treats and more praise.
3. Begin increasing your maltese dog training expectations very slowly. For example, lengthen by a few seconds the time your maltese dog must sit before you shower praise.
4. Reward even the slightest sign of effort your maltese dog is making to meet your increasing expectations for maltese dog training.
5. Move on to other commands once your maltese dog is comfortable with Heel, Sit and Stay, and with training in general.
6. Train throughout the day, when you have free time, in a quiet area free from distractions. Limit each session to 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Train in a busier environment only after your maltese dog understands the command entirely, but realize that you may need to start from scratch because dogs are situational learners.
8. Reduce food rewards gradually, but always give an abundance of praise for maltese dog training purpose.
Hope this article can be useful for explaining about Maltese Dog Training.